Holston Electric Cooperative seeking Mechanic.
The Mechanic provides assistance with maintenance for vehicle fleet, equipment repair, record keeping and parts inventory as needed for the safe and economical operation of all company vehicles.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and makes repairs to company vehicles and related equipment to insure safe operations and extended service.
- In coordination with the Shop Foreman, maintains a reasonable inventory of parts to insure prompt repair to ensure reduced down time.
- Preserves log of vehicle maintenance, repair activities and parts used in work activities.
- Performs inspections on company vehicles and trailers to assure safety and roadworthiness.
- Works with outside repair services when repairs cannot be made in-house, and ensures prompt service and high quality parts are installed by outside repair services.
- Operates vehicles and other equipment such as bucket trucks and digger derricks to perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Keeps shop area in a clean, neat and orderly fashion to ensure a safe work environment.
- Observes and practices all safety policies and bulletins.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision or management.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from vocational/technical school with training in general mechanics (specific experience with class 6 & 7 trucks preferred), hydraulic and electric systems.
- Four years of experience as a mechanic required.
- Experience with diesel engines required.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Must maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Computer skills including various diagnostic systems and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of general mechanical work including hydraulics and diesel engines.
- Efficient in welding.
- Ability to work independently to expedite work to meet time schedule and demands.
- Possess problem-solving skills to deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form.
- Some lifting required. Objects weighing approximately 100 pounds lifted frequently and heavier objects occasionally.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, and use hands to feel objects, tools and controls.
- Frequent reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, crouching and crawling.
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and vibration.
- Moderate to loud noise level in work environment.
- Normal office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- May be required to work before or after normal business hours.
RATE OF PAY:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Highly competitive benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life, LTD, Sick, Vacation and Retirement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.