Learning and Development Specialist
At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others!
We are seeking to fill a key position in our Training department that ensures the effective scheduling, facilitation, and evaluation of new hire orientation and other training programs as assigned. The ideal candidate shall assess training needs and make recommendations to decision-makers; prepare and present training materials; and develop training documents including both instructor and associate materials.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Delivering new hire orientation other training programs using a variety of learner-centric techniques.
- Leading resort tours as a function of new hire orientation.
- Modeling Nemacolin Brand Ambassador standards at all times.
- Managing classroom to minimize distractions and ensure best possible learner experience.
- Evaluating training effectiveness through observation, surveys, and direct feedback.
- Coordinating follow-up training for any participants who may need additional assistance with learning transfer.
- Hosting related workshops as appropriate.
- Recommending changes and upgrades to programs and processes.
- Performing all administrative tasks associated with securing resources, preparing for learners, delivering material, securing feedback, and recording attendance.
Assisting in all other projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (human resources, training, organizational development, or education preferred) or equivalent industry experience required.
- Strong facilitation and/or associate relations skills required.
- Proficient with software applications such as Microsoft Office and an aptitude for learning and utilizing software applications pertinent to the functions of this job.
- Knowledge of learning management systems is a plus.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Driver License strongly preferred.