The University of Virginia’s College at Wise, a division of the University of Virginia, is seeking candidates for an Admissions Counselor. Within the overall Enrollment Management unit and reporting to the Director of Admissions & New Student Orientation, the Admissions Counselor is responsible for all aspects of student recruitment, including identifying, attracting, and enrolling diverse and well-qualified students. The Admissions Counselor represents the College and the admissions operation both on- and off-campus in their work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate an attitude and behavior that reflects the values, mission, and standards of the department and the College.
· Maintain professional 8am-5pm weekday office hours, and when appropriate, evenings and weekends to maximize personal communication with students, parents, counselors, etc.
· Provide relevant and timely information through presentations, campus tours, meetings, and other events on- and off-campus to prospective students and others about the College’s programs, admission requirements and process, financial aid and scholarships, deadlines, and other student-related items.
· Within a defined recruitment territory, serve as central point of contact for students, families, counselors and representatives; and conduct appropriate outreach, promotion, and communications (in-person, phone, email, other digital platforms) to ensure the highest level of customer service.
· Monitor new student enrollment data and coordinate an appropriate and targeted travel schedule for college fairs, regular high school visits, on-site admission visits, and other events to ensure recruitment objectives for assigned territory and overall recruitment strategy.
· Ensure the integrity of the admissions process when reviewing and evaluating documents (applications, transcripts, etc.) for timely admission review, processing and notification.
· Process all documents, activities and task into the appropriate system (CRM, Workday, etc.) for inquiries, applications, other documents, and travel in a timely manner.
· Make appropriate referrals to other College offices and personnel to support recruitment efforts.
· Serve in a rotation for primary responsibility for daily campus visits and general office coverage.
· Provide support for Enrollment Management (i.e. admissions, financial aid, orientation and registrar) and other College events, projects, initiatives, etc.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS This job includes a combination of work in both an office environment and extensive day/overnight travel for recruitment initiatives and events.
UVA Wise is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence, affordable access, and unwavering support of a collaborative and diverse community. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employee fulfills duties as a “responsible employee” under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. A Responsible employee includes any employee: who has the authority to take action to redress sexual violence; who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sexual violence or any other misconduct by students to the Title IX Coordinator or other appropriate school designee; or whom a student could reasonably believe has this authority or duty.
UVA Wise is committed to helping the campus community provide for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report containing information on campus security and personal safety, including alerts, fire safety, crime prevention tips, and crime statistics is available at www.uvawise.edu/ASR. A copy is available upon request by calling 276-328-0190 or 276-376-3451.