Coordinator of Academic Student Services
Coordinator of Academic Student Services
The University of Virginia's College at Wise invites applications for a Coordinator of Academic Student Services. This position will function in collaboration with and on behalf of the Dean of Student Success and Degree Completion and Directors in the Division of Academic Enhancement and the Graduate Studies Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for all student-facing functions of Academic Affairs.
- Manage workflow, documentation, and communication regarding academic standards, student services and opportunities.
- Triage communications from students, parents, faculty and staff regarding academic performance and opportunity to ensure questions are answered in a timely fashion and that needs and expectations are met.
- Support Dean of Student Success and Degree Completion regarding academic policies and standards, to include management of academic success policy and intervention actions; Honor Court training and documentation of trial proceedings and outcomes; and academic progress and degree completion programs and actions.
- Support Senior Director of Academic Enhancement regarding programs that guide students as they navigate experiential learning and other opportunities in preparation for post-graduate plans.
- Provide administrative support for academic programs as part of Experiential Learning Hub to include the tracking of experiential learning academic requirements, and student engagement with International programs, Undergraduate Research, and Community Engagement
- Serve as PDSO for the management and processing of student visas.
- Support Director of Graduate Studies by communicating with prospective students, processing application materials, and managing documentation and workflow associated with individual programs.
- Book travel arrangements for conferences, etc. and other meetings, campus visits related to student opportunity and experiential learning.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports for accounts associated with student success and experiential learning.
- Maintain electronic and manual filing systems for student success and experiential learning programs.
- Provide welcoming and professional communication (in-person, email and phone).
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Bachelor's degree with at least five years of relevant experience in student services.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use the software (particularly Microsoft Office Suite) and enterprise solutions (experience with Workday and Jenzabar a plus) necessary to perform highly professional tasks.
- Master's degree in college student services or development a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with senior-level professionals.
- Experience in higher education or a related setting.
To apply, please visit Job Opportunities | UVA Wise and complete the online application process, attaching a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. UVA Wise is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employee fulfills duties as a “responsible employee” under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. A Responsible employee includes any employee: who has the authority to take action to redress sexual violence; who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sexual violence or any other misconduct by students to the Title IX Coordinator or other appropriate school designee; or whom a student could reasonably believe has this authority or duty.
UVA Wise is committed to helping the campus community provide for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report containing information on campus security and personal safety, including alerts, fire safety, crime prevention tips, and crime statistics is available at www.uvawise.edu/ASR. A copy is available upon request by calling 276-328-0190 or 276-376-3451.